Tuesday 27 November 2012

Freeeeedom!!!

Until July this year I was a Conservative Councillor for Nantwich in Cheshire when I made the switch to UKIP. Politically, it was the best thing I have ever done.

I feel LIBERATED. It is refreshing to belong to a party willing to listen to, and consider NEW IDEAS, irrespective of how ‘left’ or ‘right’ they may appear. UKIP party members are no just ‘leaflet-fodder’, they are encouraged to get involved – to stand up – and speak their minds. There is no party whip system, no fear, only opportunity. It is wonderful to be a part of a movement with so much energy and imagination. A party not bogged down by ideology and the baggage of former leaders. Just ask anyone who’s a member of UKIP and you’ll hear the same thing. We may not have any MPs (yet!) – but we know we’re making a difference. I'm happy that I'll be able to say 'I was part of it' when we eventually get our country back and restore it to its former glory.

I’m not religious, and I’m not gay (although I totally support other people’s rights be either – or both), but in supporting UKIP I understand the freedom and happiness felt by those ‘born again’, or recently ‘out-of-the-closet’. My advice to anyone from any party, anyone who GENUINLY wants the best for our country - and our friends in Europe, anyone who got involved in politics for the right reasons, anyone that wants a better future, is to get behind Mr Farage, get involved, and join UKIP. Now! - Go on, get on with it!



Speaking at the UKIP North West Conference, November 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment